It’s that time of year again — time to make choices about your 2010 medical, dental and vision benefits during Open Enrollment, scheduled Jan. 11-March 11, 2010.
Information packets about the choices and options available for 2010 were mailed recently to the home addresses of all FUSD full-time and part-time employees. To participate in Open Enrollment, complete the packet’s open enrollment form and return it to Benefits Office no later than March 11, 2010. The information packet includes full instructions for completing and returning your Enrollment Form.
You need to participate in Open Enrollment if you are enrolling for the first time, or if you want to change your dependents or your levels of coverage. If you were enrolled in 2009 and do not wish to make any changes, you can skip Open Enrollment, and your benefits choices from 2009 will carry over to 2010.
Before you enroll:
- Consider your:
- Marital and family status
- Family’s benefit needs today
- Short-term future needs. For example, is your family expecting a baby? Is your child about to enter college?
- Review your Enrollment Form to ensure all of the information is correct. This form has been included in the packet.
- Read the benefits materials in your Open Enrollment packet, which includes a summary of your benefit plan options and other information needed to make your benefit elections. The costs of your benefit options are included on your Enrollment Form.
After you return the Enrollment Form and after it has been processed by the Benefits Office, a confirmation statement will be mailed to your department or school site. All medical, dental and vision benefits chosen during Open Enrollment will take effect April 1, 2010.