Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. The WellPATH Program is committed to ensuring that the District’s employees have the tools and resources available to take better ownership of their own health.
Our WellPATH Champions are on-site ambassadors for the WellPATH program who is committed to creating a workplace culture of health and wellness. They share wellness-related information with coworkers and help them connect with wellness programs and activities
Download the Current List of WellPATH Champions
What is a WellPATH Champion?
A WellPATH Champion is an on-site ambassador for the WellPATH program who is committed to creating a workplace culture of health and wellness. The WellPATH Champion is integral to the WellPATH program.
- Creating excitement around leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Coordinating wellness initiatives at your worksite such as the seasonal influenza prevention program and assist with set-up at on-site events.
- Promoting wellness programs: distribute materials, post flyers in strategic places at your worksite, and use word-of-mouth to encourage participation in wellness programs and screenings.
WellPATH Champions are asked to volunteer for at least one year, and to participate in informational meetings held twice a year. We will meet once every six months and time will be dedicated to recapping what is going on in the program, share ideas and thoughts, learn what is being planned, and discuss the feedback you have received from your co-workers about the program.
What Does a WellPATH Champion do?
A WellPATH Champion is the WellPATH program’s eyes and ears (and arms and legs) at their school site. The WellPATH Champion can be a volunteer from any job type within the school, and will be asked to commit to a year in the role (they should let their supervisor know they have volunteered). This role will take 3-4 hours per month and includes meeting the following:”
- Disseminating WellPATH materials and helping to promote on-site events and other programs/services
- Communicating with WellPATH Wellness Program Manager
- Assist with coordinating events such as on-site flu shot clinics and on-site wellness screening event, as well as, identifying a “wellness corner” or bulletin board for posters and other wellness-related informational materials
Rewards for Being a WellPATH Champion?
WellPATH Champions will receive rewards and ongoing recognition for their efforts to promote wellness, such as:
- – Free enrollment in group fitness classes
- – WellPATH brand items (shirt, tote bag, pen, stress ball, water bottle, etc.)
- – $50 Visa Gift Card
- – District-wide recognition
WellPATH Champions are encouraged to host events throughout the calendar year. Rewards will be distributed throughout the school year and over the summer months as summer wellness services are included in the final count.