For members, by members.
About the JHMB
The Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) ensures that the District’s employee-benefit plans meet the requirements of each union’s collective bargaining agreement and contracts, while maintaining the most affordable benefits available for both the District and its employees and retirees. It is comprised of members from several groups working within the Fresno Unified School District, including management and representatives from each of the unions with members working within the District. View a current list of JHMB Directors below.
Committed to health and wellness.
The District’s Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) continuously strives to build and maintain a cost-effective healthcare program for our employees, retirees, and their families. Through relentless reviews, difficult discussions, and meticulous operation, Labor and Management work together to provide you and your family with a health plan and wellness program to support you along your path to better health.
- Share responsibility and to build unity between the District and the participating Employee Labor Units
- Manage and maintain the highest quality health benefits possible on behalf of Active and Retired Employees
- Promote informed and proactive decisions regarding health benefits in the most cost-effective, innovative, and efficient manner
- Develop and promote wellness education
- Enable participants to become informed and responsible health care consumers
How We Will Achieve Our Mission
Each quarter, the Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) provides a financial report to each of the employee units represented on the JHMB. This report details the income, expenditures, and financial reserves for the District’s Employee Health Plan as compared to the annual projections.