Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) Privacy Notice Regarding the Collection of Personal Information
The Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) adopts this Privacy Notice Regarding the
Collection of Personal Information (the “Privacy Notice”). Employees with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting email@example.com.
The JHMB asks employees and prospective employees to provide personal information relating to the employee’s employment or prospective employment. This Privacy Notice describes how the JHMB collects and uses your personal information, the categories of personal information it collects, and instances where the JHMB may disclose your personal information to third parties.
The JHMB respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The JHMB will only collect and process such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and JHMB’s Implementing Policies and Procedures with Respect to Privacy of Protected Health Information, unless otherwise required by law. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information.
Types of Information We Collect and Use of Information.
The JHMB collects and processes information from employees for human resources, employment, and benefit administration purposes, and where necessary to comply with any federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The JHMB obtains the below categories of personal information directly from information that you provide during your job application process, your employee onboarding process, and during the selection of your benefits as an employee. In some cases, the JHMB may obtain a background check after it makes an offer of employment.
The JHMB collects the following categories of personal information:
- Financial information, such as your banking information for direct deposit, bank statements, tax selections, pay rate and payroll deduction information. The JHMB collects this information for human resources administration (including employee payroll and benefits administration), processing work-related claims, and all related accounting and auditing.
- Benefit selection and related information, such as your medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefit elections, social security number, other health insurance information and policy number. The JHMB collects this information to administer benefit eligibility and coverage selections, and for human resources administration.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under federal or state law. The JHMB collects this information in order to comply with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations and to access and improve its operations and policies and employee outreach
- Employment and education-related information, such as your current or past employment history, employment status, job assignments, termination information, and education history. The JHMB collects this information to make an employment and/or job-related decision that involves you, to provide you with employment with the JHMB and to assess your qualifications for a particular job or task.
- Health and Safety Information, such as health conditions, if relevant to your employment, job restrictions, workplace accident and illness information, and health insurance policy information. The JHMB collects this information to maintain a safe workplace, assess your working capacity and
- determine necessary accommodations, administer health and Workers’ Compensation programs, and comply with applicable laws.
- Information relating to your beneficiaries, such as their name and contact information, date of birth, relationship to you, and social security number. The JHMB collects this information to administer and process benefit eligibility and coverage selections.
- Information relating to the person you designate as your emergency contact, such as their name, contact information, and their relationship to you. The JHMB collects this information in case an emergency involving you arises during your employment.
No Sale of Sharing of Personal Information.
The JHMB will not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for any commercial purpose. The JHMB only shares your personal information with service providers to the extent necessary to administer employee benefit eligibility and coverage selections, and discloses your information when required pursuant to federal, state, or local law; specifically, when the District, in good faith, believes that the law requires disclosure for the protection of its legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
The JHMB reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time and at its discretion. When changes are made to this Privacy Notice, the JHMB will post a copy of the updated notice on any employment or benefit selection applications and update the notice’s effective date below.
To the extent we collect private information, the system utilizes industry standard security protocol(s) to protect such information.
Questions About This Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the ways in which the JHMB collects and uses your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State of California.
This Privacy Notice was created 8/3/2023